15th of the 7th month


This guy waxes and wanes. He represents your heart, my heart or nothing.  

This is one of those days I wonder how at 45 I still have this surfeit of emotion? Surely it must be spent by now.  

On my walk tonight I see hell money strewn about the pavement; I imagine diabetic ghosts imbibing rows of Yakult, Ribena and those carb-heavy offerings the PM would nag about in his National Day address; I think what inconsiderate and frankly filthy habits disguise themselves as tradition and worship - I admit, no amount of romanticizing Toa Payoh tonight will take away this realization that, no it is not hell but yes, it looks like a freakin’ ghetto. This is not righteousness. It is just defeat.

At 45 surely I cannot still feel as when I was 25. So I try to keep my eyes looking up instead. And there is that moon. That guy waxes and wanes. He represents your heart, my heart or nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

miracle man

on a Hou Hsiao Hsien movie set

fear not history